Why should schools opt for experiential learning over rote learning?
“Education Is not the learning of the facts but the training of the mind to think”- Albert Einstein
“Think to excel in life and not only in class,
Run behind the concepts and not only on the marks.”
Do you remember the chapter on gravity and the story related to it? How an apple falling from a tree helped Newton in the development of the theory of gravity. Used as a metaphor this theory also explained how small events in life lead way to a curious mind to think of deeper concepts. The curious mind does not develop through rote learning, it develops with experimental learning enhancing excellent outcomes and academic quality amongst students.
Not relying on rote learning, even the recently drafted new education policy emphasizes taking a pragmatic approach to enhance the competencies of the traditional pedagogy. Therefore, Leading EdTech companies are designing solutions mapped as per conceptual learning that can be beneficial if implemented with an experiential approach.
Let us get in brief what is difference between experiential and rote learning is.
Experiential vs rote learning
Experiential learning can be defined as learning through the practical approach. Leading Edtech brands have been recently coming up with innovative solutions encouraging digital education. The government’s bend towards implementing an advanced learning approach shows that experimental learning are being encouraged in order to develop a progressive learning structure. The recent emergence of EdTech brands with advanced digital classroom solutions has resulted in experimental learning superseding rote learning.
Why Leading EdTech brands are all over experiential learning
Leading Edtech brands are designing & developing their solutions based on experiential learning. It focuses on visualization techniques & creates a critical approach to give clarity to the concepts. Practicing visual learning nowadays saves classroom preparation time. by retaining information more effectively students can better understand the concepts. While in rote learning they are only left with the option of memorization which can lose focus anytime. Edtech brands are also adding skill-based learning techniques too which would help in preparing learners for their future professional journey. Therefore, most teachers and students are now opting preferably for the experiential approach promoting meaningful learning experiences.
Why should educational Institutions opt for experiential learning over rote learning?
The answer is simple; to enhance the academic excellence amongst students. The above comparison between the two modes of learning has given you a rough idea of how experiential learning can be the most effective way of learning to compete with the rapidly evolving education world nowadays. Schools prepare the foundation of the child, shape their future, and develop them intellectually. Here are some important below points that explain why experimental learning should be opted for by schools:
1)Better learning outcomes- Nowadays students are advanced and tech-savvy & they need more and more materials to study, explore & analyze. Experiential learning takes data and concepts to enhance learning, explains them practically & creates better conceptual understanding among students. Edtech brands in India are helping learners to experiment & discover new connections to explore newer possibilities with the content.
2)Enhancement of creativity- Creativity in education helps in developing the young brains more effectively. It helps in the enhancement of intelligence and the development of a new generation of ideas. The ability to look at concepts differently through brainstorming sessions, quizzes & activities promotes creativity in the classrooms. Leading EdTech brands have understood this early & have incorporated creative tools, concept & approaches which encourages learners & teachers to ignite creative thinking approach.
3)Integration of the concepts with practice- Integrating theory with practice allows students to clarify, question, and apply new knowledge to encourage participation. While doing hands on practicals we can evaluate the concept by completely bringing out the basic-to-basic observations & assessing the same to get clarity in learning.
4) Develop analytical skills- The introspection of oneself is true development one can consider. This can be achieved with the help of developing analytical skills which ensure the productivity of children and encourages problem-solving skills. The experiential approach engages the emotional as well as logical & reasoning aspect of learning which allows learners to grasp a better comprehension of the concepts
The education solution providers are helping schools & educational institutions to cultivate such analytical skills encouraging the child to adopt, analyze and solve problems.
5) Removing fear of Failure:
Experiential learning works on the concept of trial and error & encourages learners to take failures as a lesson in their learning journey. It saves them from the fear of committing mistakes & allows them to do trial & error in order to explore & learn.
How can schools achieve experiential learning?
With complete innovations during the phase of the pandemic in the education industry, digital learning was encouraged in the classrooms since education can never stop it emerged as an excellent medium in which EdTech solutions particularly played an important role.
Let us discuss some major points from which schools can achieve experiential learning:
- To adopt digital learning in the class- Adopting digital learning in the class help improvement of experiential learning in the classroom. Since digital solutions like interactive displays, digital boards, and virtual classrooms consist of important features which allow students to have a personalized learning experience.
- To encourage the child to embrace these tools- Facilitating new digital learning strategies in classrooms there is increasing evidence that gamification and experimental learning embraced by leading EdTech brands are very effective as teaching methods that are creating accountability in the students.
- To train teachers to get an engaging environment- Trained teachers effectively can help children to be digitally inclined in learning. With the recent engagement of Education technology brands strategizing digital learning in classrooms, teachers need to be technically skilled increasing the definite growth of teachers and students.
- To access unlimited digital resources as per the relevance of the subject- Connect to the internet and external sources while using digital tools to get the relevance of the subject taught. The explainable reference of the class can encourage children to get broader ideas of one concept with distinct mediums.
- Instant feedback and assessments- Instant evaluation increases self-awareness of how progressed students have been. Also, with proper guidance from the teachers clear understanding of the concepts can be ensured. Recently EdTech solution providers come up with digitalized tools that generate reports of students, these instant evaluations thus develop the productivity of the students.
Indian schools are embracing technology and education with an open heart ensuring the future of children.
The Indian education system is progressing and perceiving education from the holistic approach with the leading EdTech brands. It will help students to develop skills as per their inherent aptitude & competencies.
But there is a long way to go to take education above mediocre level with a continuous, progressive, and competitive approach.
Bhumi sharmaposted on January 7, 2023 10:50:18 AM IST
Devanshiposted on January 3, 2023 5:19:19 PM IST