DEFINITIONS AND KEY TERMS
- Cookie: a cookie is information that an app puts on a user's device. It is used to identify your device, provide analytics, remember information about you such as your language preference or login information
- Country: where Globus Infocom Limited or the owners/founders of the Company are based, in our case is “India”
- Customer: refers to the Company, Organization, Educational Institute, Vendor or any Individual including Children (“You or Your”) that signs up to use the App.
- Device: any internet connected device such as phone, tablet, computer, Smart TV or any other device that can be used to visit ContentShaala by Globus and use the service
- IP Address: a unique address that identifies a device on the internet or a local network. IP stands for "Internet Protocol,". IP addresses are the identifier that allows information to be sent between devices on a network they contain location information and make devices accessible for communication
- Personal Information: any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information – including a personal identification number – allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person
- Sensitive Information: includes information or opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record, provided the information or opinion otherwise meets the definition of personal information
- Service: refers to the service provided by the app
- Third party service: refers to advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you use our app “ContentShaala” you may provide us with two types of information: personal information, you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and app usage information, collected on an aggregate basis as you and others use our app.
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE TO PROVIDE
You will provide us information (Other than sensitive information) about yourself that will enable us to verify whether you are entitled to access and use certain information, materials, and services available with us. This information may also be used to enable us to enhance your app usage, to assist you with customer service or technical support issues, or to follow up with you after your visit, or to otherwise support your relationship with us. It is completely optional for you to participate. However, failure to participate may mean that you cannot access and use certain information, materials, and services. For example, we request information (Other than sensitive information) from you when you:
- Log on to certain areas of the app where you may be prompted to provide us with your Login Name and Password as a condition to gain access to certain information, materials or services which is confidential.
- Register or sign-up to use a service.
- Place an order.
- Provide feedback in an online survey.
In each of the instances above, we typically ask for your name, e-mail address, phone number, address, login Name and Password, as well as other similar personal information that is needed to register or subscribe you to services or offers. On occasion, we may ask for additional information to enable us to provide you with access to and use of certain information, materials, and services. In the case of newsletters or mailing lists, you will be able to “unsubscribe” to these mailers at any time.
APPLICATION USAGE INFORMATION COLLECTED
The application you use on a daily basis can record and capture all sorts of information about you i.e., your IP address, your hardware & Software details, 3rd party Cookies, Other Accounts you’re logged in to, your location on your device and your email address.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
- Personal Information -The personal information you provide to us when using the application, such as your name, postal, e-mail address or telephone number, etc. will be kept confidential and used to support your relationship with us to notify you of special offers, updated information and new products and services from us, or offers from third parties that we think may be of interest to you. Our agents or contractors, who are given access to your personal information will be required to keep the information confidential and not use it for any other purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for us.
- Camera – The App require camera access to enable app main features like, photos/videos taken using camera will be used only for the mentioned use cases. This feature is used to upload user profile picture and validating identification of user
- Storage permission – The App requires storage permission to enable app main features like, photos/videos taken from gallery will be used only for the mentioned use cases. This feature is used to upload user profile picture and validating identification of user.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
We are Currently, in the practice of retaining user data while an account is active and for at least three years afterwards. We may alter this practice according to legal and business requirements. For example, we may lengthen the retention period for some data if needed to comply with law or voluntary codes of conduct. Unless otherwise prohibited, we may shorten the retention period for some types of data if needed to free up storage space. The information collected shall be only used for the purpose for which it has been collected.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may enhance or merge your information collected with data from third parties for purposes of marketing products or services to you. Concerning network advertising companies (companies that manage and provide advertising for numerous unrelated companies), to the extent we utilize such advertising companies to provide advertisements on the App, may provide them with your Sign in Name and any demographic information (Other than sensitive information) about you that we collect. Those advertising companies may combine that data with non-personally identifiable data collected by the advertising company from your computer, solely to deliver on our App, advertisements that are targeted to you.Circumstances may arise where we are required to disclose your personal information to third parties for purposes other than to support your customer relationships with us, such as in connection with a corporate divestiture or dissolution where we sell all or a portion of our business or assets (including our associated customer lists containing your personal information), or if the disclosure is required by law or is pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations or proceedings
We will send you information about our various products and services, or other products and services we feel may be of interest to you. Only we (or agents or contractors working on behalf of us and under confidentiality agreements) will send you these direct mailings. The App is specifically for the students.
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you use an app, that app’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each app can send its cookie to your device if your device’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your device only permits an app to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other apps.
HOW DO WE SECURE INFORMATION TRANSMISSIONS?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. Also, Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. This app does not, however, provide facilities for the secure transmission of information across the Internet. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the absolute security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that your information on the service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. You should be aware that there are inherent risks associated with the transmissions of Personal Information via the Internet.
If you do not wish to use the Internet to transmit personal information you can mail or phone us, Details are provided under “Contact Information”.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the law or comply with the legal process served on us or affiliated parties; (b) protect and defend our rights and property, our app, the users of our app, and/or our affiliated parties; (c) act under circumstances to protect the safety of users of our app, us, or third parties.
What About Other Applications Linked to Our application?
We are not responsible for the practices employed by apps linked to or from our app nor the information or content contained therein. Often links to other apps are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our app.
Sending unsolicited mail messages, including, without limitation, commercial advertising, and informational announcements, is expressly prohibited. A user shall not use another app’s mail server to relay mail without the express permission of the app.
It is contrary to our app policy for customers to use our servers to effect or participate in any of the following activities:
To post to any Usenet or other newsgroup, forum, e-mail mailing list or other similar group or list articles which are off-topic according to the agreement or other owner-published FAQ or description of the group or list.
To send unsolicited mass e-mailings if such unsolicited e-mailings provoke complaints from the recipients.
To engage in any of the foregoing activities using the service of another provider but channelling such activities through the app provided server or using app provided server as a mail drop for responses.
To falsify user information provided to app or to other users of the service in connection with the use of app service.
Consequences of Violation:
When we become aware of an alleged violation of its acceptable Use Policy, wewill initiate an investigation. During the investigation, we may restrict the Customer’s access to prevent further possible unauthorized activity. Depending on the severity of the violation, we may, at our sole discretion, restrict, suspend, or terminate the Customer’s account and pursue other civil remedies. If such a violation is a criminal offence, we will notify the appropriate law enforcement department of such a violation.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
License & Site Access: We grant you a limited license to access and make personal use of the App and the Service. This license does not include any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another vendor or any other third party; caching, unauthorized hypertext links to the App and the framing of any Content available through the app uploading, posting, or transmitting any content that you do not have a right to make available (such as the intellectual property of another party); uploading, posting, or transmitting any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; any action that imposes or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Globus’s infrastructure; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. Any unauthorized use by you shall terminate the permission or license granted to you by the Company.
Trademark, Copyright & Restrictions
The trademarks, Logos, Brand Mascot, Applications, and its name for “ContentShaala” and service marks ("Marks"), content and data displayed on the app are the property of Globus Infocom Limited and any of its sister concern. All information, coding and content including any software programs available on or through the app ("Content") is protected by copyright. Users are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, transmitting, displaying, publishing, selling, licensing, creating derivative works or using any Content available on or through the app for commercial or public purposes.
Governing Laws and Jurisdiction
You expressly agree that these terms shall be governed and construed solely in accordance with the laws of India without reference to conflict of laws principles and disputes arising in relation hereto shall be subject to the exclusive Jurisdiction of Courts, tribunal, and applicable authorities at Noida. You further agree that if you or any of your agent, representative or heir brings any litigation as the plaintiff against Globus Infocom Ltd., the federal or state courts in Noida, India shall have the exclusive jurisdiction in any conflict or dispute or other cause arising out of or in connection with this Software Product. You further agree that if the Company brings any litigation as the plaintiff against you or any of your agent, representative or heir, the federal or state courts in Noida, India shall have the exclusive jurisdiction in any conflict or dispute or other cause arising out of or in connection with this Software Product and the Company may bring a litigation in either the aforesaid courts or any other courts in your place of domicile or residence.
All the content and tools used in Application are for sole purpose of guidance of the reader/user and the Company takes no responsibility of outcome while using such information. In no event shall, the Company be liable for any claim whatsoever arising out of use of information, Content or tools used in its Application.
If you have any questions, queries, or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us at:
Company: Globus Infocom Limited
Address: A-66, Sector 4, Noida, District Gautam Buddha Nagar, Uttar Pradesh - 201301