E-learning is the new trend! Yes, you read it right; Had you ever imagined seating in a regular class through the online mode? At this time, we have come to a place where a larger medium of education is conducted through an online medium not only saving time but enhancing productivity. Today Virtual classrooms not only are being used in schools and institutes but it’s now widely being accepted for professional purposes too. Setting up the example for the largest platform for conducting online learning has ensured greater connectivity, better reliability, and proper security in conducting appealing smart classrooms.
True to the fact technology can be provided as an aid for teachers in the classroom but cannot replace the teachers. Therefore, hybrid solution have created an expanded space for teachers making them trained in running these tools. Trained teachers thus can train the students easily making them comfortable with the technology.
What is a virtual classroom?
The is an online platform for promoting e-education. A virtual classroom for teaching is a solution initiated to make teaching viable in the classroom. Its software is said to be a learning management system making it a platform ensuring better connectivity creating an alternative way of conducting proper management of the classroom.
Components of virtual classrooms:
- Room chat
- Breakout rooms
- Playlist library
- Curriculum-mapped learning process
- Record for later
- Quizzes and assessments
- Hand raise options
- Export file in its own format
- Screen-sharing in HD
Top 5 Trends to look for in a virtual classroom
- Microlearning addresses the short size of learning determining focus on individual learning needs. Microlearning ensures delivering the quantity of knowledge by providing rapid delivery of content in flexible formats bridging formal and informal learning. Tools for supporting micro-learning is VC Software that helps in demonstrating the concept and allow well-explanations for large concepts. Relevant for conducting modern education, deployment of micro-learning is necessary.
- Flexibility Virtual classrooms come up with the opportunity to give space for learners to regulate the classroom accordingly. Self-paced learning encourages students to clarify their doubts helping them to take the classes according to the time they wish to have. With increasing choices, students are given opportunities to learn through a flexible medium. Learning management systems help students to access information, and expertise and contribute ideas and opinions shifting the focus of education from the instructor’s teaching to the student’s learning.
- Skill-based learning The earlier practice of the marks-driven approach inclined students toward rote learning neglecting conceptual learning. But today’s developing world demands not just good scores but stresses valuable learning skills. Virtual classroom thus was able to ensure skill-based learning in the classroom allowing professionals, students, and even educators to pursue courses that are enhancing the skills of students developing problem-solving skills, analytical skills help them to build professional and personal skills forthcoming.
- Highly personalized content management Content personalization options in virtual classrooms allow users to target specific content. Students can thus refer to what is most relevant to them. Allowing content mapping process with the available resources’ teachers can effectively conduct classroom turning it into an interactive session. Ensuring a personalized form of learning student’s pace of adopting classroom teaching can be optimized based on learners’ needs.
- Mobile-based learning Virtual classroom enhances the accessibility of digital learning by adopting the new trend of remote learning. The virtual classroom is now allowing you to learn whenever and wherever you want. Virtual classrooms are giving an opportunity to reach learners and ensure quality education even remotely. It allows participants to Clear their doubts, have online discussions, and ensure a better platform for exchanging doubts expanding the knowledge skills of students as well as teachers developing intellectual superiority.
Why are we moving towards online learning?
The shifts in the education system are now visible everywhere. Today more opportunities have been provided to the students with the different choices of attending classes by dual mode of learning. There were times when physical attendance in the classes was mandatory. There was also a bar if a certain percentage of attendance was not fulfilled by the students who appeared in the classes. Even if students who faced difficulty were forced to go to schools or colleges under different circumstances which encouraged unethical measures of doing proxies. But due to the emergence of virtual classrooms shifts have been seen in giving students the opportunities to choose the medium of the classrooms. The virtual classroom has turned easy and affordable circumstances taking a major turn in the education system. Many of the big institutes like IIT Delhi have encouraged participation through virtual classrooms by launching online certification courses for upskilling youth. There are institutes like IIM that offer certification courses allowing students to get an opportunity to expand their knowledge by enhancing their skills giving growth to them in their careers.
Professionals who wanted to enhance their skills earlier needed to attend classes physically but now they can take virtual classes easily saving travel time and enhancing productivity. There are also chances given to the underprivileged children providing them quality education through excellent teachers in an online medium which sometimes doesn’t happen in physical classrooms.
There are so many trends going on in 2022 some entertain us; some have a remarkable impact on society and others show the real faces of society. Trends thus become trends when people appreciate or like them. Emerging educational trends since the last two years being valued earlier in crisis are now seen as an opportunity by all together efforts of teachers, students, educational institutions, governmental policies, and Leading EdTech brands to give a new face to the education system of India by making education more powerful.
Refer to the below blog links to know more about the features, components, and importance of Virtual Classroom.
- A Digital Learning Substitute To Whiteboard
- What are the 9 most important features of a virtual classroom?
- 10 strategies to improve students’ participation through virtual classroom solutions.